Signal K Installer¶
This app helps you to:
- Reinstall Signal K
- To change the default port
- To enable/disable SSL
Usually this shouldn’t be necessary.
- There is a link into the Signal K admin ui to the Vessel data (Name, MMSI, Length, …)
Signal K Security¶
When you enter the Signal K admin ui, it will ask you for a name and a password to create an administrator account. Once you do that you will be offered the login page.
The last menu item in the ui is security. You can add/delete users and change passwords …
If you have lost the password¶
You can reset Signal K security by:
- Open a terminal
- Delete the existing file: /home/pi/.signalk/defaults.json
- Run the setup sudo signalk-server-setup. Accept the update option rather than configuring from scratch. Select no for port 80 and SSL
- Navigate to the login page with a browser. Note that the option is now not to login but instead to create an administrator account. Once you do that you will be offered the login page.